We have stop lights, turn signals, and lanes designated for moving either right or left as opposed to straight because when drivers ignore the rules of the road, car accidents are often the result. To prevent a car accident, always look for signs and obey the proper right-of-way before you make a turn. The simple oversight of not looking before making a turn is one of the top causes of car accidents and often leads to major personal injuries or traumatic deaths.
Examples of Improper Turns that can lead to car accidents
- Turning when there is a “No Turn on Red” sign at a red light.
- Turning at a stop sign or red light without coming to a complete stop or yielding to traffic or pedestrians.
- Making a left at a red light where doing so is prohibited.
- Turning without signaling, which is also called “Improper Turn Signal Use.”
- Turning without having the right-of-way.
Tips to avoid car accidents caused by Improper Turns
- Turn in one single, smooth motion.
- Take your time and slow down.
- Do not let other drivers intimidate you into making an unsafe turn by honking their horn or other actions. Only turn when you believe it is safe to do so.
- If it is illegal to make your intended turn at a particular spot, look to the road signs as indicators and follow them completely.
- Turn on your turn signal at least 100 feet from your intended turn.
- Always look for oncoming traffic before turning. Never make a turn without checking to make sure that you have the right-of-way and that there are no other cars for a potential car accident.
Call Our Lawyers If You’ve Been Injured From Improper Turning
Driving safely is not difficult, but laziness and poor choices can make you turn improperly, causing a serious car accident. If you take care to make sure that you are following the simple rules of the roads, then you are one step closer to arriving home safely.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was caused by improper turning then call us now at 972-270-2222 for a FREE consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer. Since 1993, our Dallas law office has been geared primarily towards auto accident claims. We know how the insurance companies work, so let our insider knowledge help you in your time of need.